The NYC Gathering

The NYC Gathering
Our Community

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Voice America Radio,March 31,2011

I'll be talking with Marna Gatlin, Theresa Erickson, and hopefully an RE, next Thursday March 31st on Theresa's Voice America Radio Show about the film Eggsploitation.

Let me know what you think of this definition posted on the eggsploitation website for the trailer: "Eggsploitation can be defined: to plunder, pillage, rob, despoil, fleece, and strip ruthlessly a young woman of her eggs, by means of fraud, coercion or deception, to be used selfishly for another's gain, with a total lack of regard for the well-being of the donor."

I consider it an honor to speak publicly about this and would like to hear from anyone who has something they'd like to share with me regarding their feelings about this film, the issues it is raising, how its presented,anything at all,and as always,it will remain confidential as we talk about it more via phone or email before next Thursday.

A very timely article was posted yesterday that I wrote about on my below. Long story short, a few months ago I was quite taken aback by a donor-conceived blogger that wrote about Elizabeth Edwards-asking who will her kids mourn more, EE or their real mother the egg donor? It got me thinking, I got mad and then I did some more thinking. How WILL my kids feel about all this?

I will not try to predict what my kids will feel about our donor, their donor origins, but I feel more equipped each day to deal with whatever comes up for them. I hope that they will feel good enough about themselves to draw upon all that's available to them, especially from within.

The article linked in the previous post below is by a sperm donor-conceived adult in Australia...The blog post is dedicated to my Dad, Al Levine, of blessed memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment