The NYC Gathering

The NYC Gathering
Our Community

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

TPPN Meeting Thank You Note

Thanks to all who attended last nights meeting. You were all really there for me and I appreciate it so much.

Nancy and Elizabeth run a great group. We shared our thoughts, feelings and experiences and everyone was heard and supported, all within our varying opinions and perspectives.

Particularly helpful to me was hearing Eric Schwartzman's views on being a DI Dad and we all considered how donor conception and all the 3rd party options impact our kids and how we think we will handle it into the future.

For me, I'm not ready for the DSR, but learning from everyone here at this meeting (pro and con), I am trying to remain open-minded and gear myself up for whatever approach my kids want to take when the time comes. My aim would be to support them and help them accomplish their goals and meet their own needs. I hope they too will share their journey with me.

I was also able to explore my own issues as they pertain to DE, ie my family of origin, my heritage, my genome. And back to understanding that it isnt just about me anymore. As Nancy has told me, this is now OUR FAMILY story, not just mine or my kids.

Thanks again to all who attended and to Elizabeth and Nancy for hosting and facilitating.

The TPPN Meeting is held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, from 7-8:30 on the Upper West Side. Call 212-873-6435 or 212-772-1200, email- thirdpartyparenting@yahoo.com and the cost is $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment